I know that most expecting moms like to post week to week, but my first eight weeks really haven't been all too eventful. I guess I can't complain. Pregnancy has been really good to me, but just when I start to doubt if I really am pregnant, those tell-tale pregnancy signs kick in and remind me otherwise.
Around weeks four and five I found myself tiring easily and would have to fight the urge to doze off in the middle of the day. I found myself running to the bathroom constantly, and the hunger has been unbelievable. I would have these insane moments where I'm full, having indigestion, nauseated and starving all at the same time. My body doesn't react well to hamburgers anymore (goodbye Five Guys, it's been nice), but other than that I've been doing well with food. I've only had one bout of morning sickness (mine actually happened in the evening) which is a blessing because over fifty percent of pregnant women suffer from morning sickness. Between weeks four and six I started getting frequent headaches and worried that they were going to become a problem, but they finally let up after about the sixth week or so. I have also begun to feel my uterus stretching. The feeling is a bit unpleasant at times, but also very reassuring.
I've begun to realize that being pregnant means that some serious life changes are in order. First of all, I can't be doing these 12+ hour days anymore. It's important I rest and keep the stress at a minimum. With the semester coming to an end and finals soon approaching this is going to be a bit of a challenge. I have a lot to think about when planning for next year. July will be here before I know it!
As far as my diet goes, for the most part I have successfully eliminated caffeine consumption in an attempt to reduce stress. I never realized that there is so much stuff that pregnant women shouldn't eat. Did you know that pregnant women can't eat lunch meat unless it's been heated up? Apparently pregnant women run a higher risk of contracting listeria from lunch meat. I guess that's not really much of a loss since I'm not much of a sandwich person, anyway. Other items that are no longer on the menu include smoked salmon, shell fish, and yes, sushi *pout*, but little baby no name is totally worth it, and I want to make sure I am feeding him/her well.
Speaking of eating well we had our big Thanksgiving feast yesterday, and after I woke up from my nap by belly was popping out a little! To most people I still only look like I've had a big lunch, but to us it's finally starting to become evident that there's definitely someone in there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment