We had our first prenatal appointment this morning and all went well. It was my first time meeting my new doctor. She seems really nice, and competent, too. I know that seems like a harsh thing to say about a medical professional, but my past experiences with doctors has taught me that years of schooling and a license is not enough to guarantee one's competence (hence, the three doctors who misdiagnosed me for various ailments in the past)!
I didn't have too many questions for her since I've had over nine weeks to read up on pregnancy, so for the most part the appointment was rather routine. I decided that I wouldn't be doing the test for down syndrome. No matter the circumstances, I couldn't bring myself to abort my own child. As far as I'm concerned the fate of my baby is in God's hands.
Overall, she said everything looked good, and since we have an idea of how far along I am she felt we should wait until twenty weeks to do a sonogram because you really can't tell too much at ten weeks. I was a little bummed about it until she pulled out the Doppler and searched for the baby's heart beat. When I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time I was so consumed with joy! If there was ever any doubt, hearing the heart beat made it all real to me now. Definitely one of life's best moments thus far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You forgot to mention how horrible the weather was that week. The day before we had to pick up paperwork and got lost in the maze of the hospital. We had 60 mph winds and it was 20 degrees. The day of the appointment there was a wind chill of 15 degrees. This kid better be worth it! jk
Post a Comment