Three years ago John and I decided to try for our first baby. I was really disappointed when I wasn't able to conceive. My doctor at the time misdiagnosed me as having endometriosis and said that it was unlikely that I would be able to conceive. After about the two year mark I started coming to terms with the fact that this probably wasn't going to happen for us, so you can imagine my surprise when I was actually "late" this month.
As of right now I am only a week late, but I decided last night that I would take a pregnancy test first thing this morning. After going through the denial/grieving/acceptance process for the past year I can't help but be skeptical, but last night I had the most amazing dream and it gave me hope. I actually saw my baby! At least, I guess it was my baby, but it was the most precious little baby. I couldn't tell the sex, but he/she was only a few weeks old and I fell in love immediately. It was the last dream I had before I woke up.
John is still asleep and I just took my pregnancy test. It's positive! I can't believe I'm actually pregnant! No seriously, I'm really having a hard time believing that I'm actually pregnant, but I still can't help but be excited!
If I am actually pregnant it's a blessing from God and one that I am truly grateful for. Personally I'm not partial to either sex. John is partial to having a son, but as long as it's a healthy baby I consider myself blessed and could not ask for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment