Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's a Girl!

We had our anatomy ultrasound today and it's definitely a girl! Everything looks great; brain development is good, heart is good, fluids are good, and she weighs about 13oz. The ultrasound techs were great. We ended up getting 14 pictures out of it, though mostly in part because she was moving around so much. Apparently she's a lot more active than most babies. The ultrasound tech said she'd never had to work so hard to get images. We got some amazing pictures including a shot of her foot and some amazing 3D images. Even though the face isn't fully developed yet we can make out her facial features in the 3D shots. It's truly amazing what they can do with technology these days. There's one picture where she has her hands behind her head and her legs propped up like she's just chillin' in the womb. Twenty weeks and she's already a character!

One of the great things about her being a girl is that I already have a first name picked out (we were having trouble with the boy names). We have decided to name her Zoe, meaning "life". John and I decided we liked the original spelling of Zoe better than the more recent alternate spelling, Zoey. I like the name because it's not super common, but it's not totally off the wall. I think it's a really cute name, and it starts with the letter z which I like because not too many names start with the letter z.

Now that we know we're having a girl we can start shopping! The time is flying and she'll be here before we know it. I can hardly wait!

No comments: